Telangana State, earlier known as Hyderabad State, was ruled by Nizams from 1724 to 1948 and became one of the States of Indian Republic in Septemebr 1948. Hyderabad State was having four divisions and (16) districts.
The annual session (later known as Indian Engineering Congress) during 1938 was organized at Hyderabad by the engineering fraternity, under the patronage of the Government. Impressed by the arrangements, the Council Members suggested to request the Council to grant a Centre at Hyderabad. The Council of IEI granted as a special case and established Hyderabad State Centre of IEI in 1938. The Centre with Er. Hasan Latif, the Chief Engineer and Secretary to Government as the Founder Chairman and Er Dildar Hussain as the Founder Hon. Secretary was inaugurated on 15th November, 1938 by the President of Nizam’s Executive Council.
Due to re-organization of States, 10 districts of Hyderabad and 13 districts of Andhra State comprising of Telugu speaking people were merged together and the State was named as “ Andhra Pradesh”. Thus the erstwhile Telangana State Centre was named as “ Andhra Pradesh State Centre”.
The relentless struggle of the people of Telangana made Government of India to separate the existing Andhra Pradesh into Telangana State with 10 districts and the residuary part of A P with 13 districts as A P State and are functioning w.e.f. 2nd June 2014. As a result of separation of States, the Telangana State Centre of the Institution of Engineers (India), formally inaugurated by the then President of IEI on 25th September, 2015 and has now on its rolls more than 7584 Corporate Members covering fifteen disciplines of engineering besides non-Corporate Members of 19791. The First Annual General Meeting was held on 28th August, 2016. The Telangana State Centre inherited the legacy of erstwhile Hyderabad State Centre as well as A P State Centre which bagged 10 times the best State Centre Award besides having the unique privilege of four Presidents from the Centre, two by Hyderabad State Centre and two from Andhra Pradesh State Centre.
HISTORICAL EVENTS OF THE INSTITUTION