Er A P Ranganathaswamy was born on 27th July, 1911 He combined himself the rare qualities of high technical competence, good organ sating capacity and strived hard to uphold the dignity of Engineering fraternity and the profession. Er A P Ranganathaswamy did his B.E(Civil) from the Guindy Engineering College, Madras during 1929-1933. He did his practical training at Andhra University when Dr Sarvepalle Radhakrishnan was the Vice Chancellor. From 1941 onwards till his retirement Er A P Ranganathaswamy was in Government service, first in Madras Presidency and later in Andhra Pradesh. Er A P Ranganathaswamy worked at Polavaram from 1945-1949 in the Ramapadasagar Investigation Sub-Division. From Polovaram he was transferred to Tungabhadra Canal there for and worked nearly five years. He was promoted as Executive Engineer in 1953 and posted to Dowlaiswaram (Eastern Division) on 13.2.1954. Shri A P Ranganathaswamy was transferred to Vijayawada Krishna barrage division I after the foundation was laid by the then Chief Minister for Krishna Barrage.
Er A P Ranganathaswamy showed his capabilities as an Engineer of high calibre, imbued with great common sense, facing many a hurdle, with the unpredictable vagaries of the Krishna River. Er A P Ranganathaswamy was transferred on 19.10.1959 to Nagarjunasagar Dam as Superintending Engineer, Construction circle and later on 18.11.1963 promoted as Chief Engineer, Nagarjunasagar Dam. He succeeded the soft spoken Shri Jaffar Ali, Chief Engineer. As the Chief Engineer he continued to lead from the front by virtue of his expertise and skill. Through discussions, with his co-engineers at every stage and thereafter giving clear cut instructions Shri Ranganathaswamy used to get the works executed and completed on time with quality. Er A P Ranganathaswami was open hearted and treated equally one and all as co-human from bottom to top.
Er A P Ranganathaswamy retired on 27th July, 1966 but was given extension for three years consecutively to 1969. Smt. Indira Gandhi the then Prime Minister of India in 1967 visited the Nagarjunasagar Dam and was full of admiration after seeing the cascades of water flowing the dam and praised the Engineers at work. In August 1974 to April 1979 he was the Chairman of the AP.
Er A P Ranganathaswamy breathed his last on 20th December, 1997
The first Endowment Lecture was instituted on 27th July, 1998[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]